Chuck was a multi-talented member of our board and the backbone of this theater for many years.
The purpose of this program is to offer scholarships to deserving college bound graduating seniors from our local high schools.
- Be a Marco Island resident
- Be a graduating senior planning to attend college in the fall
- Ranked in the top 25% of his/her class
- Student must document involvement in theater /drama studies at school
- Student must plan to take Theater Arts in college
- High School Transcript
- Two letters of recommendation from adults who are not relatives. At least one of these letters shall be from a high school counselor or teacher
- A resume which includes a list of activities at school, work and the community
- An essay explaining why you feel you should receive this scholarship award
- An interview may be required.
- If you would like to be selected as a recipient, please contact your school guidance counselor for more information
- All completed applications should be returned to the guidance office no later than March 5, 2012.
- The Scholarship Committee of the Marco Players will select the recipient and forward this information to the Guidance Chairperson
- Students will be publicly recognized at the high schools awards ceremony.
- The recipient and his/her parents will be guests of the Marco Players at one performance of the Players final production of the season.